Emory University is conducting a search for an Assistant Director, Undergraduate Research Programs, in the Office for Undergraduate Education. See details below.
Assistant Director, Program-Office of Undergraduate Education
- PhD in STEM field of study and experience mentoring undergraduate students in research settings
Specific Expectations and Duties
- Works with the Associate Director to oversee and manage the multi-disciplinary undergraduate research programs in Emory College of Arts and Sciences and advise & mentor students.
- This currently involves working with several established research programs:
- Summer Undergraduate Research: 10-week residential summer research programs for undergraduates attending Emory and (in some fields) other US institutions.
- The program involves a substantial selection process for both internal and external candidates, managing the logistics for stipend payments and student housing, and supporting the programming in research ethics and career development for the participants.
- Research Partner Program: a year-long program for mostly second year students that involves graduate fellows. Responsibilities include training graduate fellows to work with undergraduate students and developing programs for graduate student professional development. Developing programming for undergraduate participants, with the help and support of graduate fellows.
- Undergraduate Research Grants: grants are available to students undertaking independent research projects under the direction of a faculty mentor. The grants are applied to the research costs of the specific project, and are available in any field of study.
I have attached a copy of the full job posting. You can also read the details and apply at:
Please share with those you think might be interested in this position.
Folashade Alao, PhD
Director, Undergraduate Research Programs
Office for Undergraduate Education
Emory College of Arts and Sciences
301 Dowman Drive
White Hall 218
Atlanta, GA 30322