The National Security Directorate (NSD) at Savannah River National Laboratory (SRNL) seeks highly qualified candidates for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position at the Aiken, SC facility.
SRNL is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate to participate in the development and implementation of gas chromatographic techniques for the detection of hydrogen isotopes and impurities. The main goal of the program is to refine the current techniques and build a prototype of a gas chromatograph for the desired application. In this role, the Postdoctoral Research Associate will team with Scientists, Engineers, and Technologists within Savannah River National Laboratory.
The selected candidate will be involved in a team composed of scientists and engineers identifying potential opportunities to refine analytical methods mostly focused on gas chromatographic techniques. The work will include synthesis of materials and surface characterization. Development and validation of analytical methods is also needed. The work might require collaborative efforts with other groups within SRNL.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Interpretation of data derived from experiments,
- Participating in and informing the optimization of experimental conditions, and
- Design appropriate setup and material(s) to obtain desired analytical separations.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a US Citizen,
- Have earned a Ph.D. Chemistry (preferably) or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or college within the last 60 months, and
- Be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in gas chromatography,
- Thorough knowledge on materials synthesis and characterization methods,
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment or on time-sensitive projects,
- Experience with complex data analysis, and
- Publication record on related topics.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
It is desirable for the candidate to have:
- Knowledge on MEMS.
For general application process questions and program eligibility, please contact: Karen.email@example.com
Information on the Savannah River Nuclear Laboratory can be found at http://srnl.doe.gov/.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Appointments are made through the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE).